The Ion Blaster is the oldest weapon in the game, appearing in every Chicken Invaders game. It is the only weapon in Chicken Invaders and the starting weapon in The Next Wave and Revenge of the Yolk. This page describes the version seen in The Next Wave onwards. It fires red spreaded bullets that can easily clear enemy waves.
The Next Wave
This is the weapon you start with, upgrading this weapon with firepower allows spreaded shots that easily clear chicken waves, it's not particularly strong againist bosses so try to use this weapon for normal waves only.
Revenge of the Yolk
You also start with this weapon in the game, upgrade it with firepower to spread the bullets and clear the chicken waves easily, it's still difficult to fight bosses with this weapon so be careful.
Ultimate Omelette & Cluck of the Dark Side
You don't start with this weapon in the game but you can still obtain it with the respective weapon gift, the strategy remains the same like the previous games.
- A weapon that is easy to use.
- Easy chicken wave-clear, you don't have to move a lot to shoot all the chickens.
- Decent focused damage.
- Low overheat rate with manual fire.
- A good option for new players.
- Perfect for Supernova Explosion in CI4 due to its huge range, especially at power 20 or above.
- Damage falls off on bosses, unless you get really close, you're putting yourself in danger for nothing.
- Automatic fire is not recommended, it fires this weapon slowly.
- Not enough firepower in some waves makes this weapon a weak choose.
- Its massive range can be a problem when facing off against smaller and singular enemies.
- Starting from The Next Wave and beyond, the color is red, Ion Blaster's color was initially green. It was also yellow in Revenge of the Yolk Online.
- Like the 3 Starter Weapons (Neutron Gun & Laser Cannon) their design has changed in Revenge of the Yolk
- Ion Blaster has most re-designs from any weapon in the series (In CI2 also because color was changed)
- This is the 1st weapon with multiple colors, the others are Photon Swarm & Boron Railgun.
- It is no longer the starting weapon in the games following Revenge of the Yolk. You will start with other weapons instead, in Ultimate Omelette the Boron Railgun, and in Cluck of the Dark Side the Hypergun.
- Contrary to popular belief, it is not the weakest weapon, even at the final Power Level. At ⚡20 it fires seven Double shots which deal 200 damage each, totalling 1400 damage, topping out Vulcan Chaingun and Boron Railgun.
| Ion Blaster • Neutron Gun • Laser Cannon • Vulcan Chaingun • Lightning Fryer|
Plasma Rifle • Utensil Poker • Boron Railgun • Photon Swarm • Positron Stream
Hypergun • Riddler • Corn Shotgun