It is a fast firing weapon, therefore has a fast overheat rate (Excluding the Riddler). Burst firing this weapon is a good tactic to prevent overheating quickly. This weapon is also capable of rotating it's output vector (change shot directions) making it a nice alternative for the Boron Railgun or Vulcan Chaingun.
- High damage
- Fast firing rate
- Projectiles spread making it useful for clearing small groups
- Can overheat in 5 seconds
- Slow firing rate when you have low firepower
- Somewhat weak against some bosses
- Less danage dealt to Henterprise
- At Firepower 20, it fires 7 shots which deals 50 damage each, totalling 350 damage (Superstar Hero).
- The Henterprise resists hits against this weapon, taking only 42 damage each shot at Max Power on Superstar Hero.
- The Hypergun is actually a reference to the Star Fox Hyper Laser.