Food is dropped most of the time when Chickens are killed. Ordinary Chicks are only able to drop twin legs. Another way to obtain food is from destroying Space Burger Corporation's convoys in Ultimate Omelette.
On certain waves in Cluck of the Dark Side, another type of food appears - popcorn. It can be roasted (Wave 18) or obtained by being shot at multiple times (Wave 47 and Hen House battle), and after that it will pop and drop popcorn.
List of Food
Most common type of food, appearing in all Chicken Invaders games. Gives 1 food unit and 200 points (in Chicken Invaders), 250 points (in The Next Wave), or 100 points (in the games following it).
Five variants of it exist, and they don't differ in the amount of points/food units they give. Those variants are:
- Regular (every edition/game other than Ultimate Omelette Thanksgiving, Cluck of the Dark Side Halloween, The Next Wave Christmas and Revenge of the Yolk with the Clupea Harengus (Red) unlockable)
- Red Herring (Revenge of the Yolk with the Clupea Harengus (Red) unlockable)
- Mistletoe Leaf (The Next Wave Christmas)
- Pumpkin (Ultimate Omelette Thanksgiving)
- Skull (Cluck of the Dark Side Halloween)
Introduced in The Next Wave, this is the rarest food item obtainable from Chickens. Gives 10 food units (12 in The Next Wave before version 2.30), which is the highest amount you can get from the food items. In the game it debuted in, it gave the Appetite bonus, but in its sequels, it gives 1000 points. It has two variants, and those are:
- Regular (every edition/game it appeared in other than The Next Wave Christmas)
- Mistletoe (The Next Wave Christmas)
Twin LegsSemi-common, exclusive to Chicks. Gives 3 food units and 100 points. Introduced in Ultimate Omelette.
Single Chicken Burger
Common, gives 1 food unit and different amount of points depending on which variation you collected. Introduced in Revenge of the Yolk. It has four variations:
- Plain - 200 points
- Cheese - 400 points
- Cheese and Tomato - 800 points
- Cheese, Tomato, Lettuce and Olive - 1600 points