It is a long running series (since 1997) of shoot-em-up games based on the old arcade classic Space Invaders where you shoot chickens, stop their evil plans and save Earth (and humanity too).
The core mechanics of the games are very simple: you clear waves of chickens and other enemies, avoid eggs and other projectiles, collect power-ups to make your weapon stronger, get the food items to obtain missiles, and you collect keys to unlock items in the unlockables menu.
The series also include various holiday themed Editions.
Full List Of Games
- Chicken Invaders
- DOS Version (1996-1998, Unreleased)
- Java Version (1997-1998, Unreleased)
- DX Version (July 1999)
- Chicken Invaders: The Next Wave (December 2002, Remastered - January 2012)
- Christmas Edition (November 2003, Remastered - December 2011)
- Chicken Invaders: Revenge of the Yolk (January 2007)
- Christmas Edition (November 2006)
- Easter Edition (February 2010)
- Chicken Invaders: Ultimate Omelette (December 2010)
- Christmas Edition (November 2011)
- Easter Edition (March 2012)
- Thanksgiving Edition (November 2013)
- Chicken Invaders: Cluck of the Dark Side (November 2014)
- Halloween Edition (October 2015)
- Christmas Edition (December 2016)
- The series expand what the protagonist travels to save the Earth, it was first the Earth itself only, then the entire Solar System, then the Milky Way, then also galaxies around it, and in the fifth game it got reduced to Milky Way again. It's rumored that Universe is going expand beyond.
- The protagonist talks only two lines of dialogue on the first game, on the second game, he gets VERY few quotes in-game, on the third and beyond, he gets a more detailed and comical dialogue every chapter, on the fourth and fifth, he says specific quotes around specifical waves in-game.
- This means that with every new game in the series, the Hero gets more and more to talk.