Sometime in the near future, Earth is invaded by chickens from another galaxy, bent on revenge against the human race for oppressing earth chickens! Take the world's fate in your hands (or at least have an omelette) in this modern rendition of the 80's classic. Save the world today!
- 1 or 2 players — play alone or with a friend!
- Increasingly difficult waves — how far can you go?
- Boss levels — watch out, these chickens are serious!
- Weapon power-ups — advance your main weapon through 8 power levels! Collect Missiles, too!
- High score tables — how high can you reach?
- UveDX version (the one we all know) wasn't actually the first Chicken Invaders ever. It just was the first one to be officially released, as before it came the disappointing Java version which was severely limited, and the BC++ version, of which some of its code is still in the engine to this day. Nothing much is left from those versions today, aside from this title screen of the DOS version.
- This is the first game in the series that technically doesn't have an end.
- You cannot move freely in this game, only left and right, mimicking the original Space Invaders which this game parodies.
- The opening theme of the game is "Also Sprach Zarathustra - Op. 30" by Richard Strauss. This was likely chosen because it is the theme from 2001: A Space Oddysey.