Chicken Invaders: The Next Wave
Chicken Invaders: The Next Wave Online Version is vastly different from the normal game, and shares a big resemblance to the game's predecessor. Every five waves you get an notice to buy the full game, or continue the version
Lots of 'em!
- Only one weapon - Ion Blaster.
- Chickens have always red vests.
- Only 3 lifes, however you can randomly get one every 150,000 points.
- Every 10 waves it repeats, just like CI1.
- Only chicken legs are dropped.
- There are no missiles.
- Firepower is upgraded through yellow-red presents.
- There are 9 levels of firepower instead of usual 12.
- 0, 1st and 2nd levels are identical to their normal version counterparts.
- 3rd level shoots 2 dual-bullets instead of three spread.
- 4th level shoots 1 triple bullet and two bullets on side.
- 5th level shoots 3 dual-bullets, one on front and two on sides.
- 6th level shoots 2 dual-bullets on sides and a triple bullet on front.
- 7th level shoots 2 triple bullets on sides and a dual-bullet on front.
- 8th level shoots 3 triple bullets, one on fornt and two on sides.
- The menu has only a play button and two options - "Play Sound" and "High Detail". There's also "Get deluxe version!" button, which redirects you to the game's page on Gamehouse's site.
- As with CI1, with each "Chapter" chickens are faster, they drop eggs faster, and the eggs themselves are faster. Asteroids also get faster.
Wave X1 - First Contact
Single chicken appears from top of the screen. Every "chapter", another chicken is added.
Wave X2 - Classic Invasion
Identical to it's normal game counterpart.
Wave X3 - Paratroopers!
Chickens with umbrellas fall down from top of the screen. Shooting them once will result in destroying the umbrella. It's mostly identical to it's normal game counterpart.
Wave X4 - Meteor Shower
Asteroids fly from right corner of the screen. In midddle of this wave, asteroids change to fly in opposite direction.
Wave X5 - Classic Invasion
Copy of Wave X2.
Wave X6 - Hatching Chicks
Identical to it's normal game counterpart. Eggs fall from top of the screen. Destroying them results in freeing a chicken from it.
Wave X7 - Asteroids!
Identical to it's normal game counterpart. Big asteroid appears on the screen, and destroying it will result in three medium-sized asteroids spawning. After each medium-sized asteroid is destroyed, three small asteroids spawn.
Wave X8 - Classic Invasion
Yet another copy of Wave X2.
Wave X9 - Just passing through
This wave is strangely similar to Wave 18 - We're surrounded! in CI3.
Wave X10 - Show 'em who's boss!
Big Chicken with shirt that has splatted egg on it fights with you. Beating it gives you some drumsticks and a present.
The game has, surprisingly, a Christmas edition. Changes are almost identical to CI2's Christmas edition.
- Chickens wear a Santa hat.
- Leaves instead of drumsticks.
- ( Ornaments ) Baubles instead of eggs that chickens drop.
- Ice comets instead of asteroids.
- Big Chicken suited as Santa.
- GUI colors are red.
The game's pretty easy to find online, but here are the links.