Chicken Invaders: The Next Wave
The game was a huge improvement from the previous game of the series, Chicken Invaders. Instead of the same waves at every system, the game features different waves at every system, and many different types of enemies. This game is very fondly remembered by most of the series' fans.
Just when you thought it was safe to eat chicken again, the chickens have returned with an organized invasion to take over the entire solar system! Journey to each planet and fight your way through to save the world (again)!
In the first chapter of the Chicken Invaders saga, you defended Earth against an invasion of intergalactic chickens seeking revenge for the oppression of their earthly brethren. However, as you were clearing out the last of the chicken invaders and were looking forward to a double chicken burger special at the space burger bar, the true scale of the problem became apparent: the first invasion was simply a precursor to the chicken's main assault! Their master plan now becomes clear: to invade each planet in the solar system and make sure that it is inhabited exclusively by chickens!
The time has now come to don your egg-repulsing helmet and make the biggest omelette you've ever made as you continue your adventure in the second chapter of Chicken Invaders: The Next Wave. Only you can make a difference. Will you succeed? Will the future of chicken burgers be secure? Or will you end up as part of the menu in a galactic chicken restaurant?
- 1 or 2 players — save the world alone or with your best friend!
- 11 planets — 110 levels.
- 3 weapon types — each upgradeable to 10 levels plus a hidden 11th level.
- Skill bonus system — collect points for speed, efficiency, or just plain luck!
- Over 1800 frames of animation.
- Internet high score tables — compare yourself with people from all over the world!
- Xmas Edition
- Xmas Edition Remastered
Music differentiates between versions of the game. Normal game has chiptune-styled music, while remastered edition's music is orchestral.
You can listen to it by going here.
You can buy the game through InterAction Studios' website here. It currently is at a 25% discount.
You can also get it from Steam here.
The game's online version shares more resemblance to it's precedessor. More info here .
Did you know...
- That the sound that plays when you Defeat the Mother-Hen Ship was also used as the "Extra Life!" sound in later installments?
- That this was the first game to introduce new weapons?
- That the Mother-Hen ship has been reused 2 times already? (first one in CI3 in "Blast of the Past" and CI4 in first Egg Cannon confrontation)
- That you can change between the remastered and original music in the Remastered Edition on Steam?