Chicken Invaders: Revenge of the Yolk
Chicken Invaders: Revenge of the Yolk is the third game of the Chicken Invaders series, and is a 2006 space shooting game involving chickens. The objective of the game is to stop the The Yolk-Star™ from destroying the Earth, but to do that, the Hero must fly through the Milky Way galaxy.
Chickens. For centuries we have oppressed them, grilling, roasting, stewing, and stuffing them in buns. We should have known the time would come for us to pay. And it did.
Intergalactic chickens invaded Earth, seeking revenge for the oppression of their earthly brethren. They came out of nowhere, and everywhere. It was only you who managed to repel the invasion, and saved humanity from an eternity of servitude.
Then, things got serious. The intergalactic chickens assaulted the solar system and tried make sure that every planet was inhabited exclusively by chickens. Yet again, it was you who took the world's fate in your ketchup-stained hands and saved the day.
But it isn't over yet. Once more, it's time to don your non-stick egg-repulsing helmet and fight for our ancestral right to omelettes. Only you can make a difference. Will you succeed? Will the future of chicken burgers be secure? Or will you end up as part of the menu in a galactic chicken restaurant?
The plot has the hero heading to Space Burger, famished as usual, when a twinkling behind the sun was spotted. When the hero arrives at that twinkling, he comes upon a giant egg currently under construction, that may or may not be built out of parts of the Mother-Hen Ship from the last adventure.
This egg, known as the The Yolk-Star™, sends out a simple Big Chicken to dispose of the hero. But, the player easily destroys it, and then taunts the Yolk-Star. This makes the Yolk-Star angry, so it fires up its lasers to destroy the hero, but since he put out a shield that protected him against being burned to a crisp, instead pushes him into a black hole. The player arrives at the other end of the galaxy, (100,000 light years from the solar system, to be exact.) and battles his way back home.
By the time he gets home, the Yolk-Star is completely built and is almost ready to begin its assault on Earth. Our hero barely makes it in time and begins his assault on the Yolk-Star. He destroys the yolk's shell, and the yolk attempts to retreat, but the player is in hot pursuit, and annihilates the yolk with a resulting explosion followed. Our hero is then congratulated by the narrator, and continues his order at the space burger. "And so, we leave our hero to rest in his laurels, until his Earth-saving abilities are needed again... But that's another story."
- Up to 4-player cooperative play!
- Journey to 12 star systems — it's a regular trek across the galaxy (...a star trek?)
- Fight through 120 waves of invading chickens.
- Upgrade weapons through 11 power levels — and a supercharged 12th!
- Collect 30 unique bonuses.
- Acquire 13 medals — advance your chicken-hunting career.
- Unlock 7 secret features.
- Internet high score tables — compare yourself with people from all over the world!
- Multiplayer — play on the same computer, over your LAN, or on the internet.
- Over 15 minutes of original orchestral soundtrack.
You can buy the game here. It currently is at a 25% discount.
There are two known online versions.
Yahoo Version - Shares resemblance to the mobile versions.
- The original plot of the game was different from that of the final one. In the original plot, The Hero would have a journey across the Milky Way and explore the chicken's home planet. That idea was however made very early into the game's developement (in 2004)
- Chicken Invaders 3: Revenge Of The Yolk was the first game in Chicken Invaders franchise that had a new 3D and HD engine. All the newer Chicken Invaders games currently use that engine.
- The electric guns used by chickens in Electrifying Descent resemble the Plasma Rifle, but green.